2013 Christmas Open Studios (shared with Diana Croft with her lovely stained glass) just ended. Busy with a steady stream of local visitors, who took great interest in the Bone Dance and other figurative sculptures, leading to some good sales and two commissions. There's no guessing what will be flavour of the month at any show.

Next things next….. since I have now accepted that I cannot resist leaving things to the last minute, I am tearing through my work for the Mall Galleries exhibition of the Society of Designer Craftsmen from 10th-19th January. The self-imposed brief for this show is mixed media sculptural teapots inspired by John Goodheart's work in the 1980's. Here is one of the pieces in progress


Demo and Talk at West Forrest Potters in November. I found this link (below) to my demo and talk at West Forest Potters in November. This piece says it all. What a well-written article by Ann Hay, with great photos by Penny Kay. There was a great turn-out at the presentation. West Forest Potters are such a great bunch of interesting, well-informed and enthusiastic members. With talks arranged by Jane White, I was privileged to be among a line-up of very accomplished potters who have visited the group.

http://www.westforestpotters.org.uk/joomla/index.php/past-speakers-2/201-stephanie-wright-9-october-2013



No comments:

Post a Comment